Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars2016-12-21
- Yield : 16
- Servings : 16
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 30m
Man. These bars are something out. Aside from being gluten free (if you use gluten free pretzels), oil free, egg free, dairy free and refined sugar free, they are downright tasty.
These date bars combine the irrisistable flavors of salty and sweet and provide a beautiful balance of chewy and crunchy texture. I make them for a quick snack during the day, a healthy dessert for a party, or as a replacement for a breakfast bar in the morning.
Storing these bars is easy; if you want to have them all week, pop them in the freezer and have one (or two) every day! Hope you all enjoy them as much as I do!
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1.5 cups natural pb
- 1 cup pretzels plus more to crumble on top
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Combine dates and peanuts in a food processor one cup at a time to ensure good mixing. Periodically scrape down the sides.
2. Once combine, add cocoa powder and a cup of pretzels.
3. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and put date mixture inside, leveling with a spoon or spatula until it is an even 1-1.5 inches thick.
4. If your peanut butter isn't liquid enough to spread, heat it over low heat on a stove top until it softens. Once softened, pour and spread the peanut butter in an even layer atop the date base.
5. Top the peanut butter layer with crushed pretzels (or more nuts), pop in the freezer to quickly firm up the layers, slice into squares and enjoy!
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe