“Everything but the Kitchen Sink” Quinoa Cookies2017-02-08
- Yield : 12
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 30m
- Ready In : 30m
Yet another quinoa creation from the week I accidentally made enough quinoa to feed a small army. But I’m not complaining, these cookies were one of my favorite treats so far – not just because they’re tasty and satisfying, or because they’re super nutrient dense, but because they are the perfect snack for ANY time of day! They are a a great option for a sweet and savory dessert, an afternoon-hanger killing snack or an awesome pre-workout energy boost.
These babies kept me fueled for my 6am track practices every day for a week (until I ran out) (which reminds me, I need to make more..)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup natural salted peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 T almond meal (or flour of choice)
- 2 T walnuts (or nuts of choice) processed into small bits
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1/2 or so of chocolate chips
- 2 T unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combine.
2. Scoop 'dough' into 12 balls and press into cookie shaped mounds on a greased plate or baking sheet.
3. Freeze for 20-30 minutes until firm. Once hardened, remove and enjoy!
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe