Lentil Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing2017-03-15
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 25m
Beans, beans the magic fruit…
…the more you eat the more you rock for feeding your body yummy plant-based protein 😉
This salad is quick, easy and great for meal prepping. I highly recommend adding sriracha for extra spice if you’re a fan of heat. This recipe is very adaptable and represents a solid base to get creative with and mix and match veggies and spices you may chose to add.
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup uncooked lentils
- 2-3 cups spinach
- 1.5 T tahini
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/2 medium red, orange or yellow pepper (diced)
1. Boil 1/2 cup lentils in a sauce pan on the stove for 15 minutes - add 1 teaspoon salt to the boiling water
2. In a frying pan over medium heat, pour olive oil and diced onions and peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly browned. Add 1/4 t garlic powder, salt and pepper
3. Next, add chickpeas to the onions and peppers and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
4. Once 4 minutes is up, add spinach and cover until spinach is wilted. (add a tablespoon of water to enhance steaming if needed)
5. Once lentils are done cooking, add to the chickpea salad mix, salt and pepper again, and set aside.
6. To prepare tahini drizzle: combine tahini, lemon juice, salt, pepper, 1/4 t garlic powder, and add warm water until a dressing consistancy forms.
7. Lastly, drizzle tahini over lentil salad and toss together. Enjoy warm or cold!
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe