Low Fat Chili2012-09-24
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
The fall is here, and in the northwest the evenings are getting colder. This low fat chili is really easy to make, and comes together pretty quick. It is a great option if you are hosting a dinner. Serve it with rice, avocados, cilantro, and jalapenos. Or just have it the way it is. Enjoy!
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $1.35
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Cups of Vegetable Broth
- 15oz Can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 6oz Can of Tomato Paste
- 4 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
- 1 Cup of Mexican Beer
- 1 Teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 3 Dried Chile Peppers
- 15oz Can of Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 15oz Can of Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
In a large non stick or oiled sauce pan, cook onions and garlic.
Add all remaining ingredients except the beans and simmer for 45 minutes.
Add beans and simmer 15 minutes more.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe