Tasty Tomato Soup2017-01-11
- Servings : 2-3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
With the winter weather in full effect up here in New England there’s been a whole lot of soup making in my kitchen. This tomato soup is simple, filling and will take the chill right away!
- 2 cans stewed tomatos (no salt added)
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 t olive oil
- 5-6 leaves of fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 t dried thyme
- 1/4 t dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Dice bell pepper and saute over medium heat with olive oil for 3-4 minutes
2. Remove peppers from heat and add to a pot with all other ingredients. Cook on medium-high heat until bubbling.
3. Remove from heat and use either a regular blender or hand blender to purée soup.
4. Once desired consistancy is achieved, garnish with more pepper and red pepper flakes for heat and serve warm. Enjoy!
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe