As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I found this in the Paleo book, Against All Grain, but don’t fret! I have made it healthy, vegan, and cheaper! It is surprisingly filling and I even tossed the leftover with some peanut sauce and kale the next day and it was great! I used veggie meat in place of actual chicken and omitted the eggs. If you’re not a fan of veggie meat, leave it out or add tofu! I’m fine with a little veggie meat here and there, especially if I’m eating a huge plate of carrots and broccoli.
Carrot Pad See Ew
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil (or olive if that's what you have)
- 3 cups of broccoli florets
- 10 carrots, peeled into wide 'noodles'
- 1/3 cup of coconut aminos or for a cheaper alternative, use low sodium soy sauce
- 1 package of veggie meat or tofu
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot then add veggie meat until browned. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds
- Add all other ingredients and cook until broccoli has softened and some of the soy sauce has absorbed. May sure to keep mixing so the garlic and soy sauce distribute evenly.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.