As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you like fresh spring/summer rolls? But want to skip the roll and go straight to the bowl? This recipe is super easy, flexible, and delicious and will get an unbelievable amount of tasty veggies and noodles coated in creamy sauce on the table in no time. Use any nut in place of the toasted cashews, peanuts, almonds, etc, all work.
Fresh Summer Roll Bowl with Chili Cashew Sauce
- 1 package of rice noodles of choice
- 1 zucchini, thickly julienned
- 1 carrot, thickly julienned
- 1 cup of red onion or shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, thinly sliced, optional
- 2 cups of red cabbage, thinly sliced, or broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup of toasted cashews (unsalted)
- 1/4 cup of sesame seeds, hulled
- 1 Tablespoon of white or rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of sweetener of choice, or 1 whole pitted date
- 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoons of salt, or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh shallot, chopped
- 1 red, thai, or serrano chili, de-seeded and chopped (leave the seeds if you like the heat, omit chili entirely if you want it 100% mild)
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3/4-1 cup of warm water, as needed
- Slice all veggies and set aside. Cook rice noodles as directed. While noodles are cooking, heat 1 Tbsp of oil in skillet and add sliced onion, carrot and zucchini. Let cook over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes until softening and starting to brown a bit. Add mushrooms and red cabbage and let cook for an additional 5-6 minutes with cover on pan. Season veggies with salt, pepper, and soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos to taste and keep warm in pan.
- Put all ingredients for sauce in high powered blender and blend on high for 1 minute until creamy. Add water only as needed to achieve smooth creamy sauce consistency. Either pour over individual bowls of noodles topped with veggies, or toss everything together with sauce in large bowl and serve. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.