As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
#ad Since chicken is so versatile, we incorporated it into so many of our dishes while growing up, not unlike many of you. It blends nicely into meals while adding protein and texture. Since going plant-based, it has not always been easy to find products that compare in taste, texture, and value. That is, until now. I am so excited to have discovered Improved Nature – a sustainable, clean, plant-based version of the chicken we loved, without the guilt! There is so much to love about this one-ingredient product made from non-gmo soy that is packed with protein and fiber while being low in fat with zero cholesterol or gluten.
Today’s dish is a Mexican-inspired taco recipe where I used Improved Nature Prime Shreds. From shreds to poppers, nuggets, tenders, and filets, you’re sure to find any style and texture you’re looking for from this brand. Visit www.improvednaturedirect.com to learn more and order yours today! Enjoy!
Mexican Inspired Tacos with Prime Shreds
- 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 of a large green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 3 cups of cooked Improved Shreds
- Salt, to taste
- 8 corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce, for garnish (optional)
- Diced tomato, for garnish (optional)
- Diced avocado, for garnish (optional)
- Minced cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and bell pepper and saute for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the bell peppers become tender. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, Improved Shreds, and salt, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until evenly coated with seasoning and lightly browned.
- Add the taco meat filling to the tortillas and garnish with lettuce, tomato, and avocado.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.