Thank you to Sprouts (the best grocery store) for sponsoring this article!
When my husband and I moved into our home last year, one of the first things I bought was a picnic bench for our backyard. It turned out to be a great investment because as we’ve been sheltering in place, backyard picnics have become a favorite way to get some fresh air. This week, I made a trip to Sprouts (my favorite store) and picked up ingredients to make this fabulous pasta salad, a lightlifefoods smoky tempeh sandwich using the fresh ciabatta rolls that the Sprouts bakery makes, some fresh fruit, and some tasty vegan Sprouts pastries. With these amazing options, it’s easy to have a delicious plant-based picnic! Whether it’s at home or your nearby park, you’ll definitely enjoy these treats al fresco.
What I love most about Sprouts is that their produce is incredibly fresh and really affordable. 2 pounds of organic strawberries were less than $3 this week! If you have one near you, I encourage you to check them out! Now onto the salad recipe…
* 1 (16-ounce) package of pasta
* 1 cup of sliced and halved cucumbers
* 1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
* ¾ cup of diced red onion
* ½ cup of diced green bell pepper
* 3 tablespoons of minced parsley
* 1 (2.25-ounce) can of sliced black olives, drained
* 1 (15-ounce) can of garbanzo beans
* ⅛ cup of olive oil
* ⅛ to ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
* 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
* Salt, to taste
* Pepper, to taste.
1. In a medium pot over medium-high heat, cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
2. While the pasta cooks, combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix them together.
3. Add the cooked pasta and thoroughly combine. Allow to cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.