As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Man, I love Thai food. Maybe it’s because much of it is very vegan/vegetarian friendly or maybe it’s the peanut sauce.
Definitely the peanut sauce.
These easy peanut noodles allow you to have a quick and easy Thai meal any time you want – especially if you make the sauce ahead of time.
Personally, I love the crunch of the fresh raw veggies coupled with the creamy peanut sauce and nut bits. However, if you are in the mood for a warm dish, feel free to heat the veggie noodles up on the stove in a pan just as you would regular spaghetti.
Seriously, just spiralize your favorite veggies, toss with sauce and go (pea)nuts!
Raw Veggie Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 large carrot (I used 2 medium rainbow carrots)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh ginger root
- 1/3 cup of natural peanut butter
- 2-3 Tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- 1 Tablespoon of rice or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons of raw peanuts for topping
- Removes ends of both the zuchinni and squash. Use a veggie spiralizer to create noodles from both. Put noodles in a medium-large bowl.
- If your spiralizer can handle it, do the same for the large carrot. If not, you can use a peeler to create long strips, peeling ribbons away from your body into the bowl. Repeat for each carrot if you have multiple.
- The bell pepper is a tricky one. I started by using my hand held peeler to skin the outside of the pepper. (These strips will be much smaller than the carrot and squash noodles) Alternatively, you can slice your peppers with a knife into long slimpieces to be added to your noodle bowl. Once finished, set bowl aside.
- Slice onions (whites only) and sautey with oil on medium low heat until tender. Add ginger and saute for 1-2 minutes. Reduce to a low simmer and add peanut butter, vinegar, water, pepper flakes, sugar, and soy sauce.
- Add sauce to noodles (add more or less depending on personal preference), toss noodles to combine, and top with crushed peanuts. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.