Blueberry Cinnamon Pancakes2015-05-13
- Yield : 6 pancakes
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Sometimes you just need a big ‘ol stack of blueberry pancakes. These are warmed with a pinch of cinnamon and do the trick nicely!
- 2 cups all purpose flour (gluten-free or wheat)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 Tbsp neutral oil of choice (avocado, olive, sunflower, etc)
- 1 1/2 -2 cups water, as needed to get smooth batter consistency
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (plus more as topping if desired)
- Additional optional toppings: hemp seeds, sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, banana slices
In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients, flour through cinnamon. Add oil and water and whisk to combine, a few lumps are ok. Fold in blueberries.
Using a non-stick skillet or cast iron works well, set it to medium high heat. Drizzle skillet with oil if desired, and ladle a 1/2 cup of batter into hot pan. When it bubbles and dries around edges, flip over and let cook until lightly browning. Remove from pan, keep warm, and repeat. Serve with topping of choice, the simplest being a dab of virgin coconut oil and warmed maple syrup, but the sky's the limit! Enjoy!
Average Member Rating
(3.4 / 5)
15 people rated this recipe