This Boba Tea recipe is easy and super fun to make! Try skipping your daily tea run and trying this one out!
- 6 cups of water
- 3 black tea bags
- ½ to 1 cup of uncooked tapioca pearls, depending on preference
- Plant-based creamer
- Agave nectar, to taste (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Remove from heat, add the three tea bags and allow them to steep until the water has completely cooled.
- In a large pot, cook tapioca pearls according to package instructions. My package instructed me to cook tapioca pearls in 6 times the amount of water. I used 1 cup tapioca pearls, 6 cups water, and cooked on medium-heat for 20 minutes, stirring regularly. Then I turned off the heat, covered, and let sit for 25 minutes.
- When the tea has cooled and the tapioca pearls are cooked, scoop in the tapioca pearls into two large glasses. Then, fill the cups ¾ of the way with black tea, and top off the rest of the way with plant-based creamer.
- Give it a taste, and if your preference requires more sweetness, optionally add agave nectar.
Keywords: boba, tea, boba tea, vegan boba tea, vegan drink, vegan tea, ice tea, tapioca , tapioca pearls