Build Your Own Burger2013-12-29
- Yield : 4 patties
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 60m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 1:25 h
This veggie burger is so simple and so fun to custom fit your taste. Do anything you want, and you will love it! Have fun experimenting!
- 1 14oz. can of no salt added kidney beans (or 1.5 cups cooked kidney beans)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup COOKED brown rice
- 2 Tbsp tomato sauce or salsa (or more, for how moist you want them)
- Spices to your liking (we use salt, pepper, and steak seasoning)
- Non-dairy hamburger buns
- 1 onion (we mince and grill them for a topping)
- 1 avocado, sliced (topping)
- romaine lettuce (topping)
- 1 tomato, sliced (topping)
- 1 cup Veganaise (optional for sauce)
- 1/4 cup salsa (optional for sauce)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (optional for sauce)
In a large bowl, mash beans with a hand masher and mix in oats, cooked rice, spices, and 2 Tbsp tomato sauce/salsa. Form into 4 patties and allow to sit uncovered in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes to set. Grill or broil on each side until golden brown.
For the special vegan sauce, mix together veganaise, the 1/4 cup salsa, and the 1/4 tomato sauce in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.