Butternut Squash Burrito2019-12-30
- Yield : 2 servings
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
If you’re scratching your head wondering about recipes and healthy eating for the new year, you’re going to love this meal! With Cece’s pre-cut veggie noodles, meal-prep time is cut in half. I just love how fresh and crispy they are and how easily they can blend into any recipe. These burritos are hearty and savory with a bit of butternut sweet. You’ll be filled up with the good stuff and not left hungry. They’re also great on the go. Happy New Year! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 package of Cece’s Veggie Co Spiralized Butternut Squash Noodles
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 flour burrito-size tortillas, warmed
- 1 (15-ounce) can of black or vegetarian refried beans
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- Corn kernels (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Salsa or hot sauce (optional)
In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil and saute the onion and bell pepper for 3 minutes. Add garlic, butternut squash noodles, and cumin and saute for 3 minutes, or until all the veggies are tender.
Lay out your tortillas and add half of the butternut squash and veggie mixture to each tortilla.
Add a dollop of beans and avocado sliced to each tortilla, and add any other burrito fixings. Roll tightly into a burrito and enjoy!