Creamy Eggless Hollandaise2013-09-08
- Yield : 8 halves
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 8m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 20m
I believe we perfected the recipe for this sauce now. 😉 It’s simpler than the last one I posted and doesn’t have tofu or nutritional yeast! This sauce is soy free and dairy free. This tastes like the real deal! Give it a try and let me know how it works for you!
- 1 cup rice milk, unsweetened
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted (we use soy-free) (you could possibly try oil here instead, too!)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, and also for garnish
- 4 english muffins, sliced in half
- 1 large tomato, sliced into 8 slices
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
Combine the rice milk, lemon juice, and spices in a blender. Blend on high speed to combine. Add the garlic and blend another 20 seconds or so until it is completely pulverized. Add the xanthan gum, and blend on high speed until foamy.
Set the blender on high and, using a liquid measuring cup, pour the melted butter, a little at a time, through the hole in the lid of the blender while it is running, until the hollandaise begins to emulsify. Warm on low heat in a sauce pan for a few minutes until heated throughout or until ready to use.
Toast english muffin halves and layer each half with a tomato slice and some avocado slices. Drizzle hollandaise sauce on top and garnish with cayenne, paprika, and/or freshly ground black pepper.