Five Minute Fresh Summer Salsa2015-08-19
- Yield : 1-1.5 cup
- Prep Time : 5m
- Ready In : 5m
Sometimes you just need a fresh salsa on the table fast. If you have these basic ingredients and a blender or food processor you can be dipping into this or drizzling over tacos or burritos in no time.
- 1 cup ripe cherry tomatoes, or 2-3 ripe plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp white or red onion, or shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium clove fresh garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, coarsely chopped, seeds removed if you prefer mild salsa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, optional
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- juice from half a lime, or to taste
- pinch of salt, to taste
- Optional additions: poblano, chipotle, or red bell pepper, pineapple or mango
Place all ingredients tomatoes through olive oil (if using), into a blender or food processor and blend until creamy, or leave more coarsely chopped if you prefer.
Add cilantro and process once more for a second or two to distribute evenly. Season with lime juice and salt to taste and chill or serve immediately.