These guacamole skins are the perfect appetizer for a weekend lunch al fresco or a get-together with friends! Fill them with your favorite dip if you want an easy variation of this recipe!
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- Vegan butter, to spread (oil works, too)
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup salsa (we chose Pace)
- Store-bought or homemade guacamole
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Bake 4 potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and allow them to cool for 15 minutes (or until you can safely touch them), turn the oven to broiler (high), and slice lengthwise and hull potatoes, leaving ¼” of pulp remaining on all sides of the skins.
- Place the potatoes in the oven to broil, cut-side up, for 5 minutes. Turn over, spread vegan butter on the bottom of the skins, and add a pinch of salt to each potato. Broil for 10 minutes, flip over and broil for another 5 minutes. Make sure to monitor closely while broiling. If you notice any burning, flip over sooner.
- Remove the potatoes from the over and stuff with guacamole.
Keywords: Potato skins, Guacamole, Guacamole skins, avocado potatoes, vegan potato skins, stuffed potatoes