This homemade cashew milk is so creamy and easy to prepare. You can use it smoothies, with your favorite cereal or oatmeal, or warm with some cacao!
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 4 cups water + water for soaking
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or agave (depending on sweetness preference)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Start by soaking the cashews overnight or for at least 8 hours. (See additional note if you forgot to soak.)
- After the cashews have soaked, drain and rinse them.
- In a high-power blender, add the soaked cashews, 4 cups of water, maple syrup or agave, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend on high for 2 minutes, or until creamy.
If you don’t have time to soak the cashews in water overnight, you can boil them on the stove until they soften. They won’t be as soft, but it does the trick.
Keywords: cashew milk, plant milk, plant based milk, cashew drink, vegan milk