Loco Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies2017-04-26
- Yield : 10-12
- Servings : 5-6
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 12m
- Ready In : 20m
Chocolate chip cookies – one of America’s finest comfort treats. It’s like the food equivalent of a warm blanket being wrapped around your shoulders in the middle of winter while you’re cozied up by the fire. We all have our own unique idea of the perfect chocolate chip cookie; whether it be your grandmother’s homemade recipe or those ones your aunt brings to Christmas every year with the fudgy chunks – or even the store-bought dough that you pop in the oven yourself (or eat raw) (side note – has anyone gotten sick from raw cookie dough yet or have we decided that it is a myth to try to keep us away from such a delicacy?)
I don’t mean to choco my own chip right now, but this particular plant-based chocolate chip cookie recipe is definitely one for the books. Although there are no eggs or butter, they still possess the moist, light, gooey qualities we all crave in a cookie (unless of course, you’re into the crispy variety…please adapt the recipe to your liking).
I chose to add peanut butter into my batch because the opportunity was too good to pass up (and let’s be honest PB increases flavor factor 100 fold).
These cookies have just a few, simple ingredients, and are perfect for any occasion, even if—no, especially if that occasion is eating a whole plate while watching your favorite Netflix series.
Hope you enjoy!
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (3 T ground flax + 4-5 T water)
- 1/4 cup pb or almond butter (can omit if desired)
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
1. Preheat overn to 350 degrees F. Combine flax and water to create flax eggs if not done already. Set aside to let gel for 5min.
2. Add all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix (excluding chocolate chips). Next, add all wet ingredients including flax eggs to dry ingredients and combine until dough is formed. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Roll into 10-12 balls, place on a baking sheet and flatten to desired thickness (these will not flatten on their own in the oven). *The thicker your cookies are, the longer they will need in the oven.
4. Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown crust forms on the outer layer. Let cool completely before eating (otherwise they will fall apart easily).
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe