With the holidays on the horizon, it’s time to find the best tasting, healthy options to serve to family. This delicious cauliflower mash tastes so good you won’t believe it’s healthy. Serve with thyme for an earthy zest. Yum!
Pairs perfectly with this gravy: https://plantbasedonabudget.com/recipe/simple-gravy/
- 1 cup of vegetable broth + 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (don't worry about keeping florets intact)
- 2 tablespoons of vegan butter, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large pot, bring the broth, water and salt to a boil. Add the cauliflower; bring back to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat to low and steam for 20 minutes, or until cauliflower is very tender.
Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower to a food processor. Add 3 tablespoons of vegetable broth/water from the pot, along with the vegan butter. Process until smooth.
Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add thyme and process until just combined.