This peanut butter granola is a great way to start off your morning and is also a great pick-me-up snack. You know exactly what you’re getting with this homemade recipe so forget all of those added ingredients that come with the store-bought kind. It’s also full of that satisfying crunch and is super easy to prepare. Enjoy!
- 6 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 1 ½ cups of finely chopped walnuts
- ½ cup of flax meal (ground flax seeds)
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of applesauce
- ⅓ cup of canola oil
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F ( 120 degrees C ). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, flax meal, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, applesauce, and canola oil. Heat over medium and stir, just until ingredients are well-combined. Remove from heat, add the vanilla and stir again.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oat mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Divide the granola between baking sheets, spreading evenly. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes, until the granola is golden and feels dry.
- Allow to cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, peanut butter, peanut, granola, walnuts, vegan breakfast, vegan dessert, vegan snack, healthy snack, homemade granola