Quinoa Cranberry Stuffing2012-11-24
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Total Cost (minus sundries): $9
I love stuffing with a passion. And i’m very picky about it. So while I was apprehensive about this idea, it came out really well. It’s also an easy way to sneak in a really healthy grain into this delicious side dish.
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 2 1/4 Cup + 1 1/2 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Stalk of Celery, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms, sliced (about 4 mushrooms)
- 2 Tablespoons margarine (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sage
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 9 Slices of Ciabatta Bread, cubed and lightly toasted (Any bread will do really, I like the ciabatta)
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
In a saucepan, add the quinoa to 2 1/4 veggie broth and the bay leaves. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until done. Remove the bay leaves.
In a large frying pan or wok, saute on medium, the onions, celery, and garlic in the margarine for about 4 minutes. Add in the mushrooms and saute until the onions are translucent.
Add the thyme, sage, salt, and pepper and stir in.
Reduce the heat to low and add the cubed, toasted bread and cranberries and mix thoroughly. Add 1 1/2 cups of veggie broth and stir until everything is moist.
Add the quinoa and mix until combined, and add to a baking dish.
Cook at 375 for 30-35 minutes