Get ready to try the simplest and most classic way to enjoy pasta! You can add any seasonal fresh veggies you want to use up and turn it into a multicolor pasta dish!
- ½ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 1 small basket of cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound of pasta
- ½ cup of chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a standard bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Chop 1 cup of tomatoes and add them to the bowl. Cut the rest of the tomatoes into halves and add to the bowl and mix.
- Let this mixture sit for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package instructions. When draining the pasta, reserve a ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Mix the pasta with the tomato mixture and stir. Add in the basil and a little of the pasta water if you’d like the mixture to be a little softer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, garnish with more basil if desired. Serve hot or cold.
Keywords: simple pasta, vegan pasta, fresh tomato pasta, vegan italian, veggie pasta