Simple and Tasty Homemade Granola2013-08-04
- Yield : about 3 cups
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
A pretty simple granola recipe to use for parfaits with coconut milk yogurt, as a snack, or a topping on anything. I adapted this recipe from buzzfeed.com and now it’s our new go-to granola recipe! Enjoy!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts (of choice, we used chopped walnuts. You can use pecans, almonds, pistachios, or hazelnuts. If you have raw nuts, mix them in with everything else and bake normally. If you have nuts that are already roasted, wait until after baking and add them in.)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sweeteners (a mixture of your choice brown sugar, agave, maple syrup, or brown rice syrup. Make sure it's mostly liquid if you use brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup oil (canola, extra-virgin olive oil, grapeseed, or melted coconut oil)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp spice of your choice (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.)
- you can also add seeds, dried coconut flakes, dried fruit, cocoa powder, or chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 300° F. In a large bowl, stir together oats, nuts, and spices, and whatever else dry ingredients you're using.
Add liquid sweeteners, stir it all together, and lay it all out on a large baking sheet lined with a Silpat if you have one. I haven't tried it without one, so hopefully it will not stick too much to your own baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
Average Member Rating
(4.3 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe