This southwest black bean burger uses classic ingredients that hit the spot everytime. You won’t be able to get enough of this savory, spicy burger!
- 1 Can of Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of Bread Crumbs
- 1 Jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup of Cilantro
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Cumin
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce (add more if you want it extra spicy!)
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Chili Powder
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- Burger Toppings
- Place the beans, chipotle pepper, cilantro, bell pepper, and jalapeno in a food processor and pulse until it is all mixed together and smooth.
- Place the bean mixture into a bowl, add all seasonings and mix together with your hands. Slowly mix in bread crumbs until mixture becomes sticky. You may need more or less than a cup.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge and form 4 medium patties. If the mixture is too wet still, add more bread crumbs.
- Place the patties on a non-stick pan. Cook until both sides are crispy and the burgers are warmed through.
- Remove from the oven and serve on buns, top with your favorite burger toppings.
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, southwest, burger, vegan burger, plantbased burger, summer, BBQ, black bean, bean burger