These super Fresh Southwestern Lettuce Wraps are packed with plant-based protein and amazing flavor! You can prepare them in a hurry and enjoy with the whole family!
- 1 ½ tablespoon of vegan butter
- ½ of a large red bell pepper, diced
- ½ of a small red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can of corn, drained and rinsed
- Juice of ½ to 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- ¼ cup of packed fresh minced cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- Large lettuce leaves (romaine, butter lettuce, etc.)
- Avocado slices, optional
- Hot sauce, optional
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat the vegan butter. Once heated, add in the bell pepper and red onion and saute for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the veggies become tender.
- Add in the garlic and corn and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the lemon juice (start with ½ of the lemon and add more at the end if you’d like a more sour taste), chili powder, cilantro, salt, and black beans.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then serve over large leaves with avocado slices and hot sauce, if using.
Keywords: vegan wraps, low carb wraps, lettuce wraps, mexican wraps, bean wraps