Burritos have become some sort of a universal language. From the classic bean and rice burrito to these amazing sweet potato burritos! I just can’t get enough. Make sure to try these Sweet Potato Burritos and get ready to fall in love!
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (or ¼ cup of water)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ of a yellow or red or white onion, diced
- 4 cups sweet potato, washed and grated
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 large avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Lettuce, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium-size pan over medium-high heat, saute the onion and garlic in vegetable oil until the onion becomes translucent and tender, about 4 to 5 minutes
- Add the grated sweet potato, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne and let cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid sticking. When the sweet potato is tender, add salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Add ¼ filling to each tortilla, then add avocado and tomato and wrap it up.
Keywords: sweet potato burrito, vegan burrito, healthy burrito, potato burrito, vegan mexican