This super easy vegan vanilla buttercream frosting might become your go-to recipe going forward! Add food coloring to play around with colors!
- 1 cup of softened unsalted vegan butter at room temperature (salted is fine if that’s what you have)
- 1 (1-pound) package confectioner’s sugar (3 ½ cups)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla plant-based milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl if you’re using a handheld electric mixer), add the room temperature vegan butter. Whisk the butter on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the confectioner’s sugar while continuously beating the butter. Add in the milk and vanilla extract and beat for an additional three minutes until light and fluffy.
Keywords: vegan frosting, vanilla frosting, vegan cupcakes, vegan cake, easy frosting, buttercream