As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you have a bread machine? Do you enjoy freshly-baked bread? Have you been waiting for an easy plant-based bread recipe? If so, then this simple loaf of bread is calling your name! Try it as is, or experiment by adding different types of flour (whole wheat, white, bread flour, etc) and ingredients such as spices, fruit or herbs. We like to make a large loaf (twice the size of the one pictured), slice and freeze it for sandwiches or to have with soups during the week.
Simple Bread Machine Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups of room-temperature water
- 1-2 Tablespoons of unbleached sugar (or alternative sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (or whole wheat, white, or bread flour)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- Gather the ingredients, making sure that the water is at room temperature and that the dry ingredients are measured as exact as possible.
- Plug in the bread machine and have the bread pan snapped into place before putting the ingredients in.
- Pour the ingredients into the pan (set up inside the machine) one at a time, in the order that they are listed. Some machines may require a different method but having the liquids first and the dry yeast last should work with the majority of them.
- Start the bread machine on the setting that will knead the bread first and then bake it. The total time may vary depending on your type of bread maker.
- After the time is up, carefully remove the pan from the machine as it will be hot. Allow it to cool before removing it from the pan with a butter knife. Slice up and serve, or freeze for a later time.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.