Sweet Potato Biscuits
Fluffy, tender, light and naturally sweet Southern-style vegan sweet potato biscuits are the perfect addition to your holiday table!
– 1 cup of mashed sweet potato
– 1 ½ cups of whole wheat flour
– 4 tbsp of chilled vegan butter
– 1 tbsp of baking powder
– ¼ teaspoon of salt
– ¼ cup of non dairy milk
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mash sweet potatoes well and combine with milk until smooth. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, sift together salt, flour and baking powder
– Cut cold butter into the flour mix, mixing until a grainy meal is formed.
Fold flour into mashed sweet potatoes and knead into a dough (do not over knead). Scoop ice cream scoop sized dollops onto a greased baking sheet, pressing the top of each biscuit down slightly.– Bake for 20 minutes then remove and cool.
FOR FULL RECIPE
Get the Full Recipe
Creamy Mushroom Polenta
Garlic Ginger Soup