As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Everyone loves some comforting soft chocolate chip cookies, but as simple as preparing these childhood favorites seems, not all recipes are the same and the outcome for each can turn out very differently. We promise this one is a keeper, though. It’s so soft it melts in your mouth, and it’s sweet and simply delicious.
You’ll need granulated sugar, brown sugar, vegan butter, vegetable oil, water, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, and (the irreplaceable) chocolate chips. These are all super easy to find ingredients and the process is easy to follow. We couldn’t ask for more from a dreamy soft chocolate chip cookie recipe, right?
It’s All About The Texture
These chocolate chip cookies are as soft and as good as eating cookie dough with a spoon. The fluffy butter gives them the perfect texture, and even if this one isn’t the exact version you ate often as a child, we know you’ll love it. Some like the chewiness of the original chocolate chip cookie recipe and some prefer the softer cookie version. We recommend trying out a few recipes and finding your favorite, and we hope this one makes the cut!
How To Achieve That Perfect Cookie Shape?
Shaping your cookies can be a little daunting. We all want that perfect cookie-cutter shaped cookies without using the actual cookie cutter. So what’s the best method when it comes to chocolate chip cookies? Scoop the dough using a tablespoon and place them on the baking sheet. Using a spatula, flatten them out a little. These aren’t the kind that thin out on their own, so you’ll have to give them a little help.
These plant-based soft-baked chocolate chip cookies will be a hit with children and adults alike. They are impossible to resist and pair perfectly with a cold glass of soymilk. Let us know how many did you have in one go!
Photos by Alfonso Revilla
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter
- 1/4 cup of vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, vegan butter, oil, water, and vanilla extract. We recommend mixing with a handheld electric mixer if you have one. If not, old-fashioned whisking will do the trick.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt to the vegan butter mixture and thoroughly combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips, and pecans (if using).
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet and lightly flatten them out with a spatula
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden and crispy around the edges. Allow to cool before eating.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.