As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s bean and rice burrito time! Who doesn’t love burritos? They are a real favorite! Full of yummy goodness, easy to prepare, and perfect for an on-the-go lunch. Would you like to give this classic bean and rice burrito a try? You’ll be surprised to know how simple it is to make and how healthy it can be if you choose wholesome ingredients. Ready?
Mexican Food Love!
Mexican food seems to be everyone’s favorite! There’s something about those super colorful ingredients that just call on us. The bright red sweet tomatoes, the ultra-green creamy avocado, the sunny yellow peppers and so many more! Mexican food can be super healthy if we stick to mostly fresh wholesome ingredients. Rice, beans, veggies, and fresh salsas are all full of nutrients, so believe me when I tell you that you can eat the Mexican food you dream of and still stay healthy and on budget. Pretty perfect, right?
Bean and Rice Burrito to Burrito Bowl!
This incredible-looking bean burrito can be easily transformed into an equally mouth-drooling burrito bowl! Or should we call it bean burrito bowl? In any case, what matters is that you can prepare a super delicious and nutritious bowl in almost no time and without breaking the bank! Also, this would be an ideal meal for a casual family weekday dinner! Throw ingredients into a bowl (you can leave out some no-no’s for the picky ones!) and you’re good to go! Having an easy and inviting meal planned in your head right before mealtime is so helpful! Those moments when the hunger strikes and you have nothing ready are the moments when you’re most likely to reach for something not too healthy and surely not too easy on the wallet. Bean burrito for the win!
So, are you excited about trying this bean burrito yet? I have no doubt you’ll absolutely love it!
- Medium-sized pan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
Photos by Alfonso Revilla
Bean and Rice Burrito
- 4 teaspoons of chili powder
- 3 teaspoons of minced dried onion
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ¼ cup of diced onion
- 1 14.5-ounce can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 2 large tortillas
- Romaine lettuce shredded (for topping)
- 1 tomato diced (for topping)
- 1 avocado diced (for topping)
- Hot sauce optional
- Mix the chili powder, dried onion, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, and paprika in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the onions in a nonstick pan and cook until fragrant.
- Add the fire roasted tomatoes, continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and seasoning mixture.
- Cook until the beans are heated.
- Place the bean mixture and rice in a tortilla. Top with romaine, tomato, avocado, and taco sauce.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.