Easy Cheezy Snack Crackers2017-01-18
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Man I love crackers…especially those of the cheesy variety. Making your own crackers is easy, cheap and healthier than nearly any processed cracker you’d find in a store. Because the dough is made of almond meal which is just finely processed almonds, it is gluten free and features good protein and fats.
Crackers are one of those things you can make 100 times and 100 different ways. Depending on how chewy or crispy you want them will depend on how thin you roll them out and how long you bake them. However you prefer, this recipe is sure to make you crack(er) a cheesy grin. Enjoy!
- 1 3/4 cups almond meal
- 3 T nutritional yeast
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 T coconut oil (melted)
- 1 flax egg (1 T ground flax + 2.5 T water)
- 1/2 t sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. (yeast, almond meal, salt). Seperately, prepare flax egg and combine with other wet ingredients.
3. Combine wet and dry to form cracker dough. Once dough is formed, roll out on a wax paper covered pan. The dough should be about 1/8th of an inch thick or less **I lay a second piece of wax paper on top of the dough as I am rolling to prevent sticking.
4. Slice into square cracker shapes, sprinkle with a dash of sea salt and pop in the oven for 15-20min. checking every few minutes to ensure they aren't burning.
5. Remove, cool and enjoy!
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe