Spicy Sesame Tofu Stir-fry2013-03-23
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
Oh man this is good. I’m not gonna lie. And cheap! It cost me $6.50 for the main ingredients, for 3 servings.
It’s got sweet. It’s got spicy. It’s got it all, and you’ll love it.
- I cube of tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1/2 pound of snow peas
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (this is to make it medium-hot. Adjust accordingly)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used safflower)
- optional veggies - i added shiitake mushrooms
Add the soy sauce, vinegars, cornstarch, sugar, and red pepper flakes to a bowl and whisk together.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium-high heat and cook the tofu until golden brown. Remove and set aside
Reduce the heat to medium, add another tablespoon of oil, and sautee the shallots and garlic for about a minute. Ad the snow peas, shiitakes, and sesame seeds and stir frequently until the peas turn nice and green.
Add the tofu and sauce mixture and cook until the sauce begins to thicken, about a minute.
Serve by itself or on a bed of rice.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
8 people rated this recipe