As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re a big fan of burritos, then you’ll seriously appreciate this amazing fully loaded burrito with a rich mole sauce! This recipe must be the ultimate plant-based dream! It has it all. The rice, the beans, the guacamole, the salsa, and as a perfect addition, a creamy Mexican mole poblano sauce. Are you ready?
The Ultimate Easy Lunch!
Whoever came up with the idea of stuffing the best and most nutritious ingredients into a soft tortilla was really up to something! Interesting fact: the first burrito was created in a cafe in Los Angeles, California during the 1930s and it’s no surprise they have since become a world favorite. This genius recipe idea must be one of the quickest and easiest lunches to prepare when you’re running short on time.
If you have some leftover rice from the meal you made the night before, some canned beans in your pantry, and some lettuce that needs to be used soon, you’re almost set. Add some delicious creamy guacamole to the mix and your quick lunch will become the ultimate treat. This fully loaded burrito calls for this mole poblano sauce but it is completely optional.
This super delicious burrito is packed with healthy plant-based protein but if you want to add even more you are welcomed to replace the white rice with some nutritious quinoa. It will double this recipe’s protein content and will add even more flavor.
Quinoa is very popular in the plant-based eating lifestyle, not only because of it’s high protein count but also because it is full of many other nutrients, such as fiber, magnesium, potassium, and Vitamin E.
So, are you already completely determined to prepare this amazing fully loaded burrito? You really should be!
Photos by Alfonso Revilla
Fully Loaded Burrito with Mole Sauce
- 1 cup of long grain white or brown rice
- 15 ounces of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup of chopped lettuce
- 4 large flour tortilla
- One batch of guacamole
- One batch of mole poblano
- Hot Sauce, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the beans, cumin, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat up your tortilla (you can do it in the microwave, a skillet, or directly over the flame of a gas burning stove). Place the tortilla on a cutting board and add ¼ cup of rice in the middle, then add ¼ cup of beans, ¼ of the bell pepper slices, a dollop of guacamole, and the lettuce.
- Wrap up the burrito and pour the Mole Poblano on top.
- Optional: garnish with hot sauce and lime wedges.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.