As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mini buns were cheaper so I made sliders instead of burgers. They were still very filling and I think sliders worked out better because if the patties were any bigger, they would have fallen apart when I tried to take them off the baking pan. These are packed with flavor. I invited over a non veggie buddy to chow down with me and she loved them!
- 1 package of slider buns
- 2 cups of cooked lentils
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic granules (or powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño
- 11 stems of cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon of flour
- 1 Tablespoon of veggie broth
- Burger fixings (lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, cilantro, mushrooms...)
- Preheat your oven to 350° Toss 1 cup of lentils and the diced onions with all the spices (oregano, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper).
- In a food processor or blender pulse the garlic, then pulse in cilantro, tomato paste, bell pepper, and jalapeño. Then lastly pulse in the remaining cup of lentils. The mixture shouldn't have any huge chunks but smaller chunks are good. It should be a little sticky, this will hold the patties together.
- Combine both lentil mixtures then add the flour and broth until they are fully incorporated.
- Form patties that will fit your slider buns. I made mine pretty thick and came out with 7.5 sliders. (7 good ones and one dinky one haha).
- Bake on parchment paper if you have it. This will make the sliders easier to get off the pan...I didn't use it but I wished I had. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°.
- Assemble sliders and CHOW DOWN!
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.