As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a recipe adapted from my friend, and I did a couple of changes to it. It’s simple, filling, and delicious. Enjoy!
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of cumin or taco seasoning or more to taste
- 2 cans of black beans
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup of creamy vegan salad dressing or your choice of sauce or salsa
- 2 Tablespoons of Frank's Red Hot Sauce, optional
- Rinse quinoa well, then drain really well. Place both water and quinoa in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover, and simmer 10-15 minutes until halos appear. When finished, remove from heat and let sit for about 5 minutes. Add cumin or taco seasoning to taste and stir.
- Meanwhile, heat both cans of black beans in saucepan over medium heat.
- If needed, combine any dressing and hot sauce in a small cup.
- Heat tortillas and layer with quinoa, beans (drain them with a strainer spoon before you place in burritos), onions, tomatoes, avocado, and a drizzle of sauce mixture. Wrap and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.