As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you to Fleischmann’s® for sponsoring this recipe.
One of my favorite ways to spend time with my loved ones is by cooking together. That’s why we’ve implemented a regularly-occurring make-your-pizza night in our home. I start by making Fleischmann’s® 30-minute pizza dough, which is actually quite easy to mix together. Baking with yeast has always been a little intimidating to me, but since Fleischmann’s® has 150 years of experience with top-quality yeast, I’ve never had trouble with their product or recipes.
Baking from scratch – the mixing, pouring, letting it rise, etc. – takes a little bit of extra effort, but it’s totally worth it because nothing tastes better than homemade!
After I’ve prepared my balls of dough, I roll them out and prepare two — one for my husband and one for me. It’s fun to customize our pizzas to meet our individual preferences, while also enjoying our time and meal together. Not to mention, it’s a super cheap date night in! We can make two whole pizzas at home (that will provide us with leftovers for the workweek) for less than the price of one pizza if we had ordered out. Cooking from scratch for the win!
Fleishmann's Rapid Rise Pizza
- 1 3/4 - 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 packet of Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup of very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 Tablespoons of corn oil
- 1/2-1 cup of pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup of sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup of artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup of sliced zucchini
- 1-2 cups of shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup of flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. The dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Let dough rest at this point for 10 minutes.
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread with pizza sauce. Top with desired toppings and sprinkle with vegan cheese.
- Bake on the lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and the crust is lightly browned. (See notes below)
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.
Note 1: If you don’t have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch.
Note 2: To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you. Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Rotate the dough a quarter turn and repeat the “fold, push and turn” steps. Keep kneading the dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.
Note 3: If you use crust to make one thick crust 9-inch pizza. Increase baking time to 20 minutes.