Chewy Gluten-free Peanut Butter Granola Bars2014-06-12
- Servings : 10 - 12 bars
- Prep Time : 7m
- Ready In : 1:07 h
No bake, gluten-free, peanut butter, chocolate… what more could you want?
These are quick and easy, and keep well in the fridge and even longer in the freezer. Mix and match ingredients and have some fun making up some wacky combinations!
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup or maple syrup (agave might work but its gotta be sticky)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups cereal (I used gluten-free O's, but rice krispies work great)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (sub in any dried fruit you like)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet Guittard as they are vegan)
Line a 9x9 dish with wax paper or foil, and lightly oil it
Mix together the peanut butter, syrup, and brown sugar. Microwave for a minute, mix, then microwave for another minute.
Add vanilla, cinnamon, and stir.
Add oats and stir.
Add cereal and stir.
Add the fruit and chocolate and stir. Pour into the dish and push down hard into the pan.
Place in the freezer for an hour to set. Then pop the mixture out of the pan, cut into granola bars. Keep in the fridge until you are ready to eat them.