Dark Chocolate Chickpea Bark2016-12-14
- Skill Level: Easy
- Yield : 8 pieces
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
The holiday baking season is apon us! What better way to kick it off than with a new twist on your traditional candy bark? This chickpea bark is sweet and savory – definitely *barking* up the right tree.
When I was a kid, during the holiday season it was always a tradition for my family to head to the store and pick up some peppermint holiday bark. I can remember countless December nights spent playing board games around the warm fire, munching on holiday bark.
In fact, an easy way to spice up this recipe would be to add a drop of peppermint extract and top with crushed peppermint candy to create a truley authentic holiday flavored bark. (brb may need to make a new batch to test this out..)
Hope you all enjoy your bark and your holiday! 🙂
- One 15oz can of chickpeas
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I used enjoy life)
- 1 T olive oil
- Dash of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse and drain chickpeas. Lay them out and pat dry with a paper towel. You want your chickpeas to be dry as possible before roasting.
2. in a medium bowl, toss chickpeas and olive oil together. Once coated, lay out on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
3. Bake the chickpeas in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown but not burned. Every 10 minutes or so, shake the chickpeas around on the pan to ensure even roasting
4. Once roasted, remove chickpeas and set aside to cool. While they are cooling, melt your chocolate chips. I do this by heating them in a greased sauce pan over medium heat and stirring constantly.
5. Once the chocolate is melted, combine with the chickpeas in a bowl and transfer to a baking pan and spread evenly. Bark should be about a quarter inch thick, or as thick as a chickpea is tall.
Average Member Rating
(3.7 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe