As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you to MyFoodandFamily.com for sharing this recipe and sponsoring this post.
Baking delicious desserts isn’t always as easy as it looks, especially if you’re new to cooking. But who doesn’t want to make a fresh batch of gooey decadent vegan salted caramel brownies? A lot of people if they don’t have the right ingredients or recipe! I have ‘oh-so-many-times’ tried substituting dairy ingredients in recipes only to have my efforts flop and left with a sweet tooth and no sweets. This is one reason I love MyFoodandFamily’s spring 2020 recipe collection with amazing recipes like these gooey chocolate delights. Their recipes are so easy to understand, with ingredients that are affordable and accessible. Though it’s not a fully plant-based site, recipes are easy to veganize!
These fudgy vegan salted caramel brownies are made of the most delicious yet simple ingredients including applesauce, almond butter, coconut oil, pure maple syrup and a lot of love. Your day will become so much sweeter with them in it.
Salted Caramel Brownies
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup of coconut oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoons of almond butter
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt, divided
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 2 ounces of vegan unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Microwave the maple syrup and 1/4 cup of oil in a medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until heated through. Add almond butter and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; whisk until blended. Reserve the sauce for later use.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and remaining salt. Beat the sugar, cocoa powder, applesauce, melted chocolate, vanilla and remaining oil in a large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
- Press the dough onto bottom of 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is firm to the touch. Cool completely. Top with reserved sauce before serving.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.