Quinoa Tater Tots2013-04-21
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 40m
I love these things. i ate almost all of them immediately. I found these on the interwebz and removed all the nasty ingredients like eggs, and added a few ingredients that i thought would make it taste better, and I personally think I was right. They taste a lot like tater tots but with way better ingredients.
I imagine you could probably bake these instead of cook them in a pan, but that’s how I did it, and they came out great. Pair them with some of your favorite dipping sauces – ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc…
- 2 Cups Cooked Quinoa
- 1 Onion, Finely Chopped
- 5 Button (Brown) Mushrooms, Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Chives, Finely Chopped
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes (adjust to desired spiciness. This is a mild-medium level)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons of Non-Dairy, Unsweetened, Unflavored Milk (I used original rice milk)
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- Oil for cooking (You can try and forgo the oil if you like if you have a non stick pan, or try baking them)
In a bowl, mix together the quinoa, onion, mushrooms, chives, flour, red pepper flakes and salt. Mix until combined and thick.
Add the lemon juice and non-dairy milk and mix thoroughly.
Roll into small balls and put on a plate or tray and put in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat and cook the tots until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes a side.
Average Member Rating
(4.8 / 5)
20 people rated this recipe