As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have made these cookies ever since I was a little girl, but now I have veganized them and greatly reduced the oil!! I am so excited to share the recipe with you all! Enjoy!
- 3 cups of quick oats
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of non-dairy butter (ie Earthbalance)
- In a glass or metal bowl, add rolled oats, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt. No need to mix yet—wait until the next part is ready.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat butter, sugars, milk, and cocoa powder. Bring to a full rolling boil and set a timer for it to boil exactly 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Immediately remove from heat and add to the oats in the glass bowl and stir. Immediately use a small serving scooper (about 1/2′ circumference) to scoop out onto wax paper to dry. (If you don’t have one, you can use a spoon to scoop it, and another to scoop it off.) Allow to sit to harden. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.
These california cookies are so fun! They’re full of flavor, and so easy to make!
Yesss! So sweet and delicious!
love how easy these come together, and has everything I needed to make them.
Love the recipes that include pantry staples! So easy and delicious to whip up!