Artichoke-Potato Salad with Lemon Dressing2012-11-30
- Skill Level: Easy
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 60m
This potato salad is fresh, bright and light. Instead of a mayonnaise dressing, I used mustard, heart-healthy oil and fresh lemon.
Around the holidays, grocery stores often have sales on baking potatoes. I bought a 10-lb. bag for $.99.
I also used the artichoke hearts that are water-canned versus marinated.
- 3 lbs. baking potatoes
- 5 T. olive oil or canola oil
- 1 T. dijon or spicy brown mustard
- zest and juice of one large lemon
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1 t. salt
- few dashes of fresh ground pepper
- 2 C. canned and drained artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 2/3 C. dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
Peel potatoes and cut into roughly 1-inch pieces. Place in a large saucepan, cover with salted water and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender but not mushy.
While potatoes are cooking, prepare the dressing. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
Once potatoes are tender, drain thoroughly and toss, while still hot, with the dressing. Add chopped artichoke hearts and dried tomatoes and combine. Allow to cool to room temperature and check for seasoning. Add more salt and/or pepper to taste, and serve.