This Hearty Kale and Bean Soup soup will warm you up and keep you going for the rest of your day! Perfect for an on-the-go lunch!
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 ribs of celery
- 2 carrots, diced or sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head of broccoli or cauliflower, cut into florets (or one bag of frozen)
- 1 large potato, diced (sweet potato or russet preferred)
- 1 bunch of kale, finely chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can of diced tomatoes, in their juices
- 3 (15-ounce) cans of beans (your choice), drained and rinsed
- 6 cups of water
- 4 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon of oregano or Italian seasoning, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice, optional
- Hot sauce, optional
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add the oil. Once the oil is heated, add in the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Saute for about 3 or 4 minutes, or until onions become tender and translucent.
- Add in the broccoli or cauliflower, potatoes, kale, tomatoes in their juices, beans, water, bouillon cubes, seasonings, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, cover, and let it simmer for 20 minutes. You’ll know it’s finished if the potatoes are tender.
Keywords: kale soup, bean soup, vegan soup, healthy dinner, veggie soup, vegetarian, protein, plant protein, gluten free, soy free, nut free