As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I can’t wait for the holidays! I’ll be making these homemade familiar dinner rolls with Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast! I simply “veganized” their recipe with some easy swaps (like changing up the milk and butter), and my family will still be able to enjoy the fresh rolls that we’ve loved!
Baking with yeast has always been a little intimidating to me, but since Fleischmann’s® has 150 years of experience with top-quality yeast, I’ve never had trouble with their product or recipes. Baking from scratch – the mixing, pouring, letting it rise, etc. – takes a little bit of extra effort, but it’s totally worth it because nothing tastes better than homemade! Here’s the recipe — hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Fleischmann's Dinner Rolls
- 2-2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1 packet of Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast (make sure it’s not expired or it won’t rise)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened, plain soy milk
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 Tablespoons of vegan butter
- Combine 3/4 cup flour, sugar, dry yeast and salt in a large bowl, stir until blended. Set aside.
- Combine soy milk, water, and vegan butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 15 second increments. If you have a food thermometer, the temperature should be at 120° to 130°F. If you don’t have one, it should be very warm but not hot to the touch. Any hotter will kill the yeast. Add to flour mixture.
- Beat for 2 minutes using medium speed of an electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add 1/4 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in just enough of the remaining flour (1 to 1-1/4 cups) so that the dough will form into a ball.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until elastic and springs back when lightly pressed with 2 fingers, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover with a towel; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut dough into 12 equal pieces; shape into balls using your hands. Place in greased 8-inch pan. Cover w/ towel; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 375ºF oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan by running a knife around the edges and invert onto a wire rack; brush with additional melted butter.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.