Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies2012-04-19
- Yield : 2 dozen
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
These are tastiest cookies that totally remind me of being a kid! I was feeling in a raspberry mood today, but you can switch out the preserves for any flavor your heart desires. 🙂
Photo by Alfonso Revilla
- 1 cup of vegan butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of fruit preserves - I like raspberry, but any will work
- Handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips - I usually use Guittard or Trader Joe's
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
In a large bowl, beat (with electric mixer) sugar and vegan butter until fluffy. Add almond and vanilla extract. Add flour by 1/2 cups, beating until it's well mixed.
Drop by tablespoons on to a lightly greased pan - I usually make the balls 2 tablespoons because I like large cookies. Using your thumb, make a small dent in the middle of the cookie and add the preserves and top with a chocolate chip.
Bake for 15 minutes, remover from over, and let cool for 30 minutes.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe