Stuffing | Plant-Based Thanksgiving Side2019-10-24
- Servings : 5-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
Thank you to Sprouts (the best grocery store) for sponsoring this recipe!
With the holidays right around the corner, I’ve been practicing creating the perfect Thanksgiving sides. I’m so pleased with how this came out! The secret ingredient? A granny smith apple! It adds the perfect amount of tartness in this savory fall-/holiday-favorite. Since it’s made from scratch, I picked up all the ingredients at my local Sprouts (did I mention that our new house is only a three-minute walk away?). Not only is it Sprouts super close to my house, but they always have the freshest produce at the lowest prices.
I can’t wait to hear how you like this! Let me know.
- 1 ½ sourdough baguettes, diced
- ⅓ cup of vegan butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large granny smith apple, diced
- 2 links of your favorite vegan sausage (diced)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of chopped fresh sage
- 3 teaspoons of chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme
- ⅓ cup minced fresh parsley
- ¾ cups of dried cranberries
- 1 ¾ cups of vegetable broth
In a large half sheet baking pan, spread out the diced baguette and allow to dry out overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegan butter. Add the onion, celery, apple, and vegan sausage (if using), and saute for 5 to 7 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in sage, rosemary, and thyme, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and transfer to a 9x13 casserole dish.
Stir in parsley, cranberries, and drizzle the vegetable broth.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes.