Tofu Lettuce Wraps2012-10-29
- Yield : 10 Wraps
- Servings : 4 - 8
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
This dish is a great option for a potluck. You can also serve it as an appetizer at a dinner party, or just have it as a main dish. It comes together quickly, and is a pretty healthy option for those looking to watch calories. If you like things a bit more spicy, add some sriracha! Serve these with our peanut sauce, or any of your favorite spring roll dips.
The serving size depends on if you are serving it as a main dish or an appetizer.
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $0.95
- 1 Package of Extra Firm Tofu, pressed and crumbled
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- Half a Yellow Onion, diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Small Can of Water Chestnuts, diced
- 1/2 Cup of Peanuts, crushed
- 3 Tablespoons of Hoisin Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons of Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Ginger
- Head of Iceberg Lettuce
Place diced onion, and garlic in a non stick pan and cook for 5 minutes.
Add ground ginger, crumbled tofu, and red bell pepper. Continue to cook for 10 more minutes.
Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, peanuts, and water chestnuts. Cook for 5 more minutes.
Remove layers of lettuce and wash.
Serve tofu mixture in lettuce leaves.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe