As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This nutty, herbaceous pesto is made with walnuts instead of pine nuts, which will save you tons of money, and we promise you won’t even notice the difference. It’s that good! With just six ingredients, this versatile and flavorful spread/dip/sauce is great on pizza, pasta, and crostini.
- ½ cup of tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup of raw walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic from about 2 small cloves
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a highpowered blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Enjoy the pesto immediately or store it in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Disclaimer: Although plantbasedonabudget.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, kindly note that these are only estimates. Nutritional information may be affected based on the product type, the brand that was purchased, and in other unforeseeable ways. Plantbasedonabudget.com will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information. If you need to follow a specific caloric regimen, please consult your doctor first.